Recipe: Green Apple Ginger Smoothie from 150 Calories
The recipe comes from Emily at JellyToastBlog who says her smoothie …
… is bright, clean, fresh, and just plain ol’ healthy tasting. If you are a green smoothie lover like I am, you’re going to love this combo of ingredients. If you don’t groove on green smoothies, this may not be your bag, but I do encourage you to give it a go. The ginger is amazing.
All calorie calculations are an estimate. Calorie-content varies according to product and accuracy of measurement. Check the info on your packaging if you require exact numbers for what you eat.
- 1 medium green Apple
- 1 Clementine, add whole fruit if the skin is very thin, or peel
- 1 Kiwi, peel
- 1/2 cup Mango (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Celery stalk, cut in half
- 2 handfuls Kale leaves, remove stems and chop
- 1 inch piece of Ginger, peel
- 8 ounces filtered Water
- 1 cup Ice
If you wish to include whole grain and healthy fat, add:
- 2 Tbs Oats (42 cals)
- 2 Tbs Pumpkin seeds (36 cals)
Blend until smooth and enjoy.
Serves 2; approx 150 cals each
Serves 1; approx 300 cals
You may also like:
Carrot Mango Kiwi Smoothie for Under 150 Calories (225 shares)